Having trouble driving sales on Amazon – or not seeing profitable returns on your ad campaigns? You need to organically rank your Amazon products higher on page 1.
The higher your products rank on the 1st page (for your desired keywords), the more likely customers are to click on your product and buy it. There are a number of factors that go into Amazon’s search algorithm (which we’ll cover in this article) – and optimizing your product for SEO is key to getting those sales.
Some benefits of ranking high on Amazon with SEO include more visibility and traffic, as well as higher conversion rates. When customers can easily find your product, they’re more likely to buy it than if they have to search through pages and pages of results. And since Amazon is such a popular site, having your product at the top of the search results can result in a tidal wave of new sales.
So, by following the strategies we’ll cover in this article and understanding how Amazon’s search algorithm works, you can help your products rank higher and start generating more revenue. Let’s dive in!
Use this outline to skip to any section of this page:
- Outperform competitors on keyword research
- Optimize your product title
- Boost your listing conversion rate
- Acquire 5-star customer reviews
- Maintain positive seller history & account health
- Source higher-quality products
- Consider PPC (if you’re struggling with SEO)
Outperform competitors on keyword research
Keyword research on Amazon is an important technique for sellers to identify what keywords are being used to search for products on the site. This strategy can help sellers determine what products to sell, how to market them, and how to attract shoppers to their listings. Keyword research can be done manually or through various tools online.
Why does keyword research matter so much?
The reason keyword research is needed to rank your Amazon products higher… is because it allows you to target the right keywords for your product. By researching which keywords have the highest search volume and lowest competition, you can ensure that you are targeting the right phrases for your product. This will help you to rank higher in Amazon’s search results, which will in turn help you to sell more products.
There are a number of different tools and methods that you can use for keyword research, and the best one for you will depend on your own personal preferences and abilities. Some of the most popular methods include using Google AdWords Keyword Planner, Keywords Everywhere, Ahrefs, Helium 10 and others. However, there are also a number of free tools available online, such as Ubersuggest.
Once you have determined which keywords you want to target, you need to make sure that your product listing is optimized for those keywords. This means including them in your title, subtitle, bullet points, and product description (more on this below). You should also use them in your Amazon keywords field.
If you follow these tips, you will be well on your way to ranking your products higher in Amazon’s search results and selling more products.
Optimize your product title to rank your Amazon products higher on page 1
The title of your product is one of the most important factors when it comes to ranking your product on Amazon with SEO – and that’s because it’s one of the first things that people see when they are searching for a product on Amazon. If your title is not optimized, then your product will not rank as high as it could.
There are a few things that you can do to optimize your product title:
- Make sure that your keyword is included in your title
- Make sure that your title is catchy and interesting to potential buyers
- Make sure that your title accurately describes what the product is.
If you follow these tips, you will be able to optimize your product title and increase your chances of ranking your products on the 1st page of Amazon.
Boost your listing conversion rate to improve Amazon rankings
When it comes to ranking products on Amazon, increasing your conversion rate is one of the most important things you can do (meaning your purchase rate – the amount of total purchases divided by total listing views). After all, if people aren’t buying your product, it’s going to be hard for it to rank high. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to boost your conversion rate and improve your chances of success:
Improving your branding is essential to increasing your Amazon conversion rate. A strong brand will create trust and loyalty with customers, leading to more sales. Good branding also helps customers connect with your product, creating an emotional connection that can be the difference between a purchase and no purchase at all.
There are many ways to improve your branding, but one of the most important is to create a clear and consistent message. This means developing a strong logo and using it consistently across products and appearances on Amazon. You need clear and informative product descriptions that help customers understand what your product is and what it can do for them.
Another important element of good branding is customer service. Make sure you are responsive to customer questions and complaints, and always put the customer first. This will help build relationships with customers that will lead to repeat business.
Copywriting & persuasion
Copywriting and persuasion are two important factors when it comes to increasing your Amazon conversion rate. By improving your copywriting, you can better describe the benefits of your product and persuade customers to make a purchase. By improving your persuasion skills, you can better convince customers that your product is the right choice for them.
You can also consider hiring a professional copywriter to understand your product and communicate emotionally-driven benefits. These types of marketers are uniquely-prepared to boost conversion rates for ecommerce products – especially on Amazon.
These are just a couple ways that you can improve your Amazon conversion rate. The most important thing is to continue experimenting until you find what works best for you and your business – and to always keep testing.
First off – if you haven’t checked out our Amazon Product Image Hacks to Boost Sales article, give it a read.
Now, when it comes to online retail – especially on Amazon – the quality of your product photography is one of the most important factors for ranking your products higher. This is because images are one of the first things that potential customers will see when searching for a product… and if they don’t like what they see, they’re likely to move on to the next result.
With competition being so fierce on Amazon, you can’t afford to have lackluster product photos that drive away potential customers.
There are a few things you can do to improve your product photography and help your products rank higher with SEO:
- Make sure your images are high resolution. Customers want to be able to see all the details of your product, and low-resolution images will just frustrate them.
- Make sure that your images are properly lit so that all the features of the product are visible.
- Use a good quality camera to take your pictures. This may require some investment on your part, but it’s worth it in order to produce high-quality images that will help improve your sales (or you can always hire a photography service – just make sure they have experience with Amazon images).
These are just a few tips for improving your conversion rate on Amazon. By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to ranking higher and reaching page 1 for your keywords.
Acquire 5-star customer reviews to boost your product SEO rankings higher
As an Amazon FBA seller, you HAVE to be aware that 5-star reviews are a major ranking factor in Amazon’s search algorithm. After all, what consumer is going to purchase a product with only one or two reviews, especially if they’re all 1-3 stars?
It’s no secret that improving customer reviews is critical to your success on Amazon and improving SEO. In fact, according to a study by PowerReviews, 90% of consumers say they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. That’s why getting more 5-star reviews is so important.
But how can you go about getting more of these positive reviews? Here are a few tips:
1. Don’t neglect customer service.
It may be tedious, but trust us – don’t slack on customer service. There are far too many cases of product reviews tanking, just because an FBA seller got lazy on customer service.
2. Ask customers for feedback.
You can’t improve what you don’t know about, and you can’t improve your customer’s experience if you don’t know what they think. Ask customers for feedback after they’ve made a purchase from you, and make sure to follow up with them if they don’t leave a review.
3. Respond to feedback promptly and politely.
When customers take the time to leave feedback – whether good or bad – be sure to respond promptly and politely. Thank them for their input, and address any concerns they may have. This will help build trust and loyalty with your customers.
Maintain positive seller history & account health to boost Amazon rankings
Avoid defects & chargebacks
When it comes to ranking your products on Amazon, preventing defects and chargebacks is a major key. Not only do defective or disputed items result in lost sales and negative reviews, but they can also lead to account suspensions or bans. Here are some tips for avoiding these costly mistakes:
First, make sure your products are of the highest quality. This means ensuring that your items meet all Amazon’s requirements, as well as using good manufacturing practices. Additionally, always test your products before shipping them to customers.
Second, be proactive in addressing any customer complaints. Resolve any issues quickly and efficiently to prevent them from escalating into disputes.
Keep in mind – you always need to be familiar with Amazon’s policies and procedures for handling defects and disputes. This will help you avoid any potential pitfalls and ensure that you’re taking the necessary steps to protect your business and your customers.
And last but not least… be clear with your store policies (if you’re selling via FBM or SFP) and make sure your customers have zero confusion on your return requirements. If they’re hit with surprises, many of them will go straight to the dispute/chargeback.
Keep return rate low
When you’re selling products on Amazon, one of the most important factors for ranking your items high is to have a low return rate. This means that customers are happy with their purchases and don’t need to return them. When it comes to Amazon’s algorithm that determines rankings… it takes into account not just how many sales you make, but also how many returns you get.
If you have a high return rate, it tells Amazon that customers aren’t happy with your products and that they’re not worth buying. This can result in your products being penalized with lower rankings and less exposure – meaning you’ll make fewer sales. In order to keep your return rate low and improve your product rankings, here are a few tips:
- Make sure you’re accurately describing your products in the listing. If the item doesn’t match what’s described, customers will be more likely to return it.
- Make sure your photos clearly show what the product looks like. This will help prevent any surprises when the customer receives their order.
- Include clear instructions on how to use the product, as well as any warnings or disclaimers. If the customer isn’t able to figure out how to use the product or encounters problems, they’re more likely to return it.
- Package your products securely and ensure that they arrive undamaged. If the product is damaged when it arrives, the customer is likely to return it.
Establish good seller ratings/reviews
Seller ratings are one of the most important aspects of Amazon account health. Maintaining high seller ratings is crucial for a couple of reasons:
- They help build trust with potential customers. A high seller rating tells buyers that you are a reputable seller and that they can trust you to deliver quality products and great customer service – and Amazon will view your account in good health.
- A high seller rating tells Amazon that you are a reputable seller and that they can trust you to deliver quality products and great customer service. They help keep your account in good standing. A low seller rating can result in account suspension or other penalties from Amazon.
There are a few things you can do to improve your seller rating on Amazon:
- Describe your products accurately and meet Amazon’s standards. This means ensuring that all product information is correct, including titles, descriptions, images, and product specifications.
- Make sure your products arrive undamaged and on time, and take care when packing them to avoid damage in transit. Be aware of Amazon’s shipping restrictions. Follow all of Amazon’s shipping guidelines to ensure that your products are shipped correctly and arrive in good condition.
Following all of Amazon’s shipping guidelines will help improve your seller rating on Amazon, making it easier for customers to trust you and keeping your account in good standing.
Source higher-quality products to increase Amazon SEO rankings and reach the 1st page
Product quality is one of the most important ranking factors for Amazon products. When you have a high-quality product, you’re able to provide your customers with a better experience, which can result in better reviews and a higher ranking.
There are a few ways to ensure that you’re sourcing high-quality products:
- Look for products that are made from high-quality materials. This means looking for products that are made from durable materials, such as stainless steel or heavy-duty plastic.
- Source products that are well-constructed, with tight seams and no loose pieces.
- Examine supplier reviews. Good reviews are an indication that customers are happy with the product, which means it’s likely of high quality. You can also look for brands that have a good reputation (if you’re a reseller).
If you’re not sure whether a product is high quality or not, it’s always a good idea to contact the seller or manufacturer and ask them for a sample. They should also be able to tell you about the materials used, the construction quality, and any other features that make the product stand out.
By sourcing high-quality products, you’ll be able to improve your Amazon ranking to page 1 and provide your customers with a better experience.
Consider PPC (if you’re struggling with SEO)
If you’re looking for another way to get your products to rank higher on Amazon, you may want to consider using Amazon ads. With ads, you can bypass the line and get your products to page 1 much more quickly. This can be a great way to boost your sales and get more exposure for your products.
When it comes to Amazon ads, there are a few things to keep in mind (or you might also be interested in reading our article titled Is Amazon PPC Worth It? Or Do Amazon Ads Waste Money?). First, you’ll need to create an ad campaign and determine your budget. You’ll also need to decide on your target audience and what type of ad you want to create. There are a variety of different ad formats to choose from, so you can find one that best suits your needs.
Once you’ve created your ad, it’s important to track its performance. This will help you determine whether or not the ad is effective and whether or not it’s worth continuing. By tracking performance, you can make sure that you’re getting the most out of your advertising dollars.
If you’re looking for a way to boost your sales on Amazon, consider using Amazon ads. Ads can help you get your products in front of more people and can help you bypass the line on page 1 and instantly rank your Amazon products higher. By tracking their performance, you can ensure that you’re getting the most out of your advertising dollars.