Let’s face it – deciding on the best products to sell on Amazon can take you down a nasty rabbit hole.
You might have a lot of products that you’re considering, but you don’t want to waste your time or money on the wrong ones (which leads to “analysis paralysis”).
With so many products out there, how do you know which ones are worth selling? It can be tough to figure it out, especially if you’re new to this.
We’ve got you covered. In this article, we’re going to share some of the best products to sell right now, along with specific reasons why. So whether you’re looking for something new to add to your inventory – or just starting out and need some ideas – read on for our top picks.
Use this outline to skip to any section of this page:
- Best product categories for selling on Amazon
- Which items are most profitable on Amazon?
- How to find the best products to source
- What’s the most profitable way to sell on Amazon?
Best product categories for selling on Amazon
With the popularity of gaming skyrocketing in recent years, there has never been a better time to start selling gaming products on Amazon. Here are 3 reasons why you should sell gaming products on Amazon:
Reason #1 – There is a large audience of people who are interested in buying gaming-related products.
The gaming industry has seen exponential growth in recent years, with more and more people of all ages becoming interested in playing video games. This newfound interest has led to a corresponding rise in the sale of gaming-related products, such as consoles, games, and accessories. As a result, there is a large and growing market for these types of products.
Reason #2 – Gaming consoles and games are relatively expensive items, so there is potential for high profits margins.
While the prices of some gaming products can be quite affordable, others can be quite expensive. For example, a high-end gaming console can cost over $500, and a new AAA game can cost upwards of $60. This means that there is potential for high profit margins if you are able to sell these items at a reasonable price point. Check out these High-Profit Products to Sell with Amazon FBA too.
Reason #3 – Gamers are very passionate about their hobby, and willing to spend money on the latest equipment and games.
Many gamers are passionate about their hobby and are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest equipment and games. This willingness to spend money on the hobby means that there is a steady demand for new products, which provides ample opportunity for sellers to find success selling gaming products on Amazon.
The gaming industry is booming, and there has never been a better time to start selling gaming products on Amazon. With a large and passionate customer base, potential for high profits margins, and continuous demand for new products… the gaming niche is secure and ripe for growth.
If you’re thinking about selling products on Amazon, you might be wondering what kind of items are hot commodities. While there are lots of different things you can sell on Amazon, hair care products are always in high demand. Here are a few reasons why hair care products are a great choice for selling on Amazon.
Reason #1 – People are always looking for new hair care products.
If you’ve ever been to a drugstore or beauty aisle, you know that there are a ton of different hair care products to choose from. And new products are coming out all the time. This means that people are always looking for new hair care items to try. As a seller on Amazon, you can take advantage of this by stocking your store with the latest and greatest hair care products.
Reason #2 – They make great gifts.
Hair care products also make great gifts. Whether it’s a holiday, a birthday, or just because, people love giving and receiving hair care items as gifts. This makes them a great choice for selling on Amazon, especially if you offer gift-wrapping services.
Reason #3 – There’s a hair care product for everyone.
The last reason hair care items make great products to sell on Amazon? There’s literally a hair care solution for everyone. Whether someone has straight or curly hair, long or short hair, there’s a hair care product that’s perfect for them. This means that no matter who your target market is, you’re sure to find some type of hair care item that they’ll love.
These are just a few of the reasons why selling hair care products on Amazon is a great idea. If you’re looking for a hot commodity to sell on Amazon, look no further!
If you’re looking for a high-demand, high-margin product category to sell on Amazon, you can’t go wrong with home security products. You can sell these with either wholesale or private label using Amazon FBA.
Here are three specific reasons why home security products are a great choice for Amazon sellers.
Reason #1 – There’s always a need for home security products.
There’s no such thing as a “season” for home security products; people are always going to need them. That means that you’ll be able to sell your home security products year-round, which is a big plus when it comes to predicting inventory levels and cash flow.
Reason #2 – Home security products have high price points.
Not only do people always need home security products, but those products tend to have fairly high price points. That means that you won’t have to sell as many units in order to make a good profit. And since home security products are often considered ” essentials,” people are often willing to pay more for them than they would for other types of items.
Reason #3 – Home security products tend to be recurring purchases.
Finally, another reason why home security products are a great choice for Amazon sellers is that they tend to be recurring purchases. People usually don’t buy just one home security product and then never need to buy another one; they usually need to buy replacements or upgrades on a regular basis. That means that if you can get a customer to buy from you once, there’s a good chance they’ll come back to you again and again in the future.
So if you’re looking for a high-demand product category with good margins, selling home security products on Amazon is a great option. Not only is there always a need for these types of products, but people are often willing to pay more for them than other types of items.
Which items are most profitable on Amazon?
Door locks are one of the most popular items sold on Amazon, and for good reason. They are relatively inexpensive, easy to ship, and have a wide appeal.
In addition, door locks are a necessity for any home or business, making them a steady and reliable source of income. There are a few things to consider when selling door locks on Amazon:
- You CANNOT neglect product quality for this type of product, due to the importance of proper functionality in case it’s needed.
- Door locks come in a variety of styles and finishes, so it is important to have a good selection in order to appeal to a wide range of customers.
- Because door locks are often technical, it’s important to provide excellent customer service in case your buyers have questions.
With a little bit of research and effort, selling door locks on Amazon can be a very successful venture. You can also use this Amazon pricing guide for sellers to help determine your margins.
When it comes to beauty products, organization is key.
From makeup brushes to hair ties, there are myriad ways to keep things tidy – and that’s where beauty organizers come in.
- These products can be highly profitable to sell on Amazon, as they offer a solution to a common problem.
- Plus, there are a wide variety of organizing products available, so sellers can find a niche that meets the needs of their customers.
- From cosmetics bags to jewelry boxes, there is sure to be a product that will appeal to every buyer.
- With a little research, sellers can find the perfect beauty organizers to stock their store and make a profit.
Gaming accessories are a popular and profitable item to sell on Amazon.
- For one thing, they are relatively low-cost items that can appeal to a wide range of customers.
- In addition, gaming accessories tend to be well-made and durable, which means that customers are likely to be repeat buyers.
- Plus, many gaming accessories are specifically designed for use with certain types of gaming consoles or games, which makes them appealing to niche audiences.
They can also be packaged and shipped easily, which helps to keep costs down. All of these factors make selling gaming accessories on Amazon a smart choice for business owners.
How to find the best products to source
If you can find trustworthy USA suppliers… that’s likely your #1 option (especially with overseas supply chain instability in recent years).
Fortunately, there are a number of ways to find USA suppliers for your Amazon seller business:
- Search online directories that list American suppliers. These directories can be a great way to find suppliers who meet your specific needs.
- Attend trade shows in the United States. These events provide an opportunity to meet with potential suppliers and see their products in person.
- Use Google to search for American suppliers. Simply enter relevant keywords into the search engine, and you will be presented with a list of results.
- Pay for access to supplier lists from trusted sources. This option may cost more money upfront, but it can save you time and effort in the long run.
By following these tips, you will be well on your way to finding USA suppliers for your Amazon seller business.
If you’re looking for new products to sell on Amazon, sourcing from Mexico can be a great option. Here are a few tips to get started:
- Attend trade shows in Mexico. This is a great way to meet potential suppliers and see what products are available. Make sure to bring plenty of business cards and be prepared to negotiate pricing.
- Consider partnering with a Mexico product sourcing company. They can help you find the right suppliers and negotiate the best prices. They can also handle all the logistics of shipping the products to your warehouse.
- Remember cultural differences can impact business dealings in Mexico. For example, it’s common to take longer to build relationships before doing business. Be patient and respectful, and you’ll be sure to find success in sourcing from Mexico.
Alibaba is a massive online marketplace that offers a vast selection of products, making it a popular (even the #1) source for Amazon sellers.
When sourcing products from Alibaba, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to have a successful experience:
- First, be sure to check the gold rating of the supplier. This will give you an indication of their reliability.
- Second, prepare several questions in advance so that you can get the information you need from the supplier.
- Lastly, be sure to negotiate properly in order to get the best price for your product. We cover more on negotiating with suppliers in this article here.
By following these tips, you can source products from Alibaba with confidence.
What’s the most profitable way to sell on Amazon?
With such a huge customer base on Amazon, it’s no wonder that many entrepreneurs are looking to cash in on the ecommerce goldmine that is selling on Amazon.
But if you’re not careful, selling on Amazon can also be a quick way to lose money. In order to be successful on Amazon, you need to know how to sell profitably. Here are 3 tips to help you boost your sales and avoid leaving money on the table.
1. Know Your Numbers
Before you list anything for sale, you need to know your numbers and advertising KPIs for Amazon PPC.
This means knowing your product’s cost of goods sold (COGS), as well as your desired profit margin.
- Your COGS includes the cost of manufacturing or purchasing your product, plus shipping costs and any other fees associated with getting the product ready for sale.
- Once you know your COGS, you can calculate your desired profit margin percentage.
- For example, if your COGS is $10 and you want to earn a 20% profit margin, you would need to sell the product for $12.50 in order to make a profit.
2. Manage Your Inventory Carefully
One of the biggest mistakes that new Amazon sellers make is over-ordering inventory.
It may seem like a good idea to buy in bulk in order to get a lower per-unit price, but if your products end up sitting in storage because they’re not selling, then you’ve wasted both money and time.
- A better strategy is to start small and gradually increase your inventory as you start to see which products are selling well and which ones aren’t moving at all.
- That way, you won’t be stuck with a bunch of unsold inventory that’s taking up space and tying up your capital.
- You should also consider drip-feeding your Amazon inventory, which can help avoid excessive fees.
3. Optimize Your Listings
Your product listings are one of the most important tools that you have for driving sales on Amazon.
- In order to know how to optimize your Amazon listings, start by using keyword-rich titles and descriptions.
- You also want them to accurately describe your products, using relevant keywords that buyers are likely to search for.
- Also, be sure to include high-quality photos that show off your products in their best light— customers want to see what they’re buying!
- And finally, keep your prices competitive so that shoppers will choose your listing over similar ones from other sellers.
Selling on Amazon can be a great way to boost your sales and reach a wider audience for your products or services.
But in order to be successful, you need to know how to sell profitably. By following these 3 tips—knowing your numbers, managing your inventory carefully, and optimizing your listings—you can set yourself up for success on Amazon and avoid leaving money on the table.